So what is Blogtober? Hosted by the lovely Mandi over at Big Family Organised Chaos, the premise is to write a new blog entry for every day of October. Mandi has been thoughtfully provided us with a prompt list which can either be stuck to, rearranged, or completely ignored.
This is the perfect time to get writing if you’ve been putting it off, and maybe even start that blog you’ve been considering. By clicking the Blogtober image at the bottom of this page, you will be taken through to the host’s site, where you will be able to read through some other entries. There are some really talented bloggers getting involved, and there will be something for everyone to enjoy!
Blogtober: One Year On
I had intended to start Blogtober on day one…after all, that’s the point of it right? A new blog entry for every day of October. October 1st saw me in hospital with my baby girl though, who had a wicked spell of Bronchiolitis. As you can probably imagine, it means I have been a bit distracted! So here we are on day six. Better late than never though right?!
With Blogtober making its return, it means it has been a year since I last properly touched this blog. It has been a pretty hectic year, with a lot of big changes. Here they are, in some semblance of order:
- I went back on my antidepressants. The best decision I have made in a long time
- Wefound out we were pregnant with baby number 2!
- I found out I’m going to be an Auntie
- I got my driving license at the grand old age of 28
- My son gained the baby sister he was so desperate for, and I became a mum of two
- Ended up in Neonatal for a day when my little monkey didn’t stop bleeding after her tongue tie was cut
- We started the cloth bum journey that we never got round to when my son was a baby
- I reached (and beat!) my first personal breastfeeding goal of 5 weeks, which was how long I lasted with my son
- Spent two nights in hospital with the little monkey, who was struggling with Bronchiolitis
So many times over this past year I have told myself I need to get back to my writing, and so many times I have thought tomorrow. Remembering how important it is for self care though, especially when you have a new baby, October is the perfect time for me to finally listen to my own advice and stop putting it off.
Have there been any big changes in your life since last October? Please feel free to share them in the comments section below!
Yes, I’m nosy.